Saturday, April 30, 2011

Subtle Suicide

I recently became concerned about our military training foreign nationals in specops, esp. those who may eventually become our enemies -- like the Zetas cartel? I recently read about the Zetas (one of the more active drug cartels on the border) & learned we trained some of them in the School of the Americas (SOA) at Ft. Bragg:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Zetas_Cartel
The SOA later became WHINSEC at Ft. Benning:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperation
I'm not just concerned about WHINSEC, where some enemy countries in this hemisphere have already pulled out of the school. (That means we already trained some enemies, right?) I'm also wondering if there are other schools where we're training Muslims, e.g., who are our allies today & foes tomorrow. Hopefully we're not training any Libyan rebels, among whom are a lot of guys who have already been killing our men in Iraq:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8407047/Libyan-rebel-commander-admits-his-fighters-have-al-Qaeda-links.html

No comments:

Post a Comment