The Apr. 8 issue of "The Week" magazine had an interesting article on Michele Bachmann's potential presidential candidacy. I find much to like about her, most of all her fearless advocacy of conservative principles (chief among them her strong prolife stance backed up by her living it out w/ 23 foster children in addition to her 5 "biological" children). But also telling was the fact that Mike Murphy (among other "moderate" Republicans) dislikes her. That only increases my respect for her. After Dole & McCain (to say nothing of the litany of RINOs lauded by the liberal media outlets), I'm sick of leftist pundits & liberal Republican "strategists" giving the Republican party advice on how to commit suicide in the guise of a strategy for appealing to the mythical left-leaning independent bloc of voters. I prefer to stand firm for my principles -- remember Goldwater's line in his nomination acceptance speech in '64: "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" Barry Goldwater - Wikiquote So in sum, I think Bachmann presents the strongest combination of principled conservatism, name recognition, public speaking aptitude (her occasional gaffes may be fodder for leftists, but will not stand in the way of her ability to clearly & convincingly state her case for the conservative approach to restructuring DC). That she's also a woman may be icing on the cake, but perhaps not coincidental, given the presence of other strong female conservatives such as Sarah Palin, Nikki Haley, and (to some degree) Jan Brewer. I think the presence of so many all-too-flexible male conservatives is symptomatic of the feminization of American men. The women are just filling the vacuum.
Michele Bachmann: A Serious 2012 Contender | The New Republic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment